Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home from the vet

October12, 2010

We picked up H.B. at Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital yesterday around 3:30 pm. Apparently he was quite anxious there. We brought him home and he seemed to calm down right away, being in familiar surroundings. He had his dinner, some medicine, and a few trips outside before settling down to sleep.

At 4:30 am, Rob and I gave him another pee break and some medicine. At 6:00 am he was lying on his side sleeping comfortably, so I decided not to wake him.

At 7:30 am, it was time for more medicine, breakfast and a trip outside. We put a pillow case inside a garbage bag as a makeshift diaper while carrying him through the building.

Around 9:00 am, I read all Harrison's cards from the kids to him. He listened very carefully! Then I posted them all around his den so he can look at them and re-read them. In all the pictures, I noticed Harrison is standing on all fours!


11:30 am: trip outside. I strapped our green bin to our flattened grocery buggy and took H.B. for a little ride across the street. The hardest part was getting down the front step. I am in the market for a wagon!

12:00: lunch and more medicine.

So far so good! Thanks to everyone who's been praying for our little bug's recovery.
Keep checking back for more posts and pictures!

No comments: